Thursday, April 12, 2012

No Crackers For You... At Fulton Restaurant

 Wilma & Betty Spend many of our recreational Happy Hours at Fulton Restaurant.

www.fultonnyc.com/

Two days ago, I was entertaining renowned book author Bibi Gaston.
Ironically the restaurant is across from her Grandmother's townhouses.
You can read all about it in her book
  The Loveliest Woman In America .

She told me that in New Orleans one eats oysters on crackers. So we simply asked for some.

"We don't have Crackers."  Said the bartender.

Ok, looking to take care of my guest. Could we have some Bread & Butter?

 No  SQUAWKED  The Bartender, I's just for the tables !

 Oh dear I thought...

Is bread that presious these days that a good customer couldn't have a slice of bread or two???  


Betty later arrived with Gertrude Vanderbuilt and we moved out side to finniish what was the most delightful day!   

No comments:

Post a Comment